My name is Muhammad Shahid. I am a journalist with 13 years of experience, and I am seeking new opportunities in the field. I am a committed and self-assured professional.
I can report and edit news and feature stories, and produce newspaper pages. I also know about monitoring and evaluation of projects in education and health sectors. Besides field experience, I also train journalism students on news writing and editing at a university. In sports, I am fond of martial art. And one thing more…writing and editing are not just my job, but I enjoy it like a hobby: “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.”
M.Phil in Journalism and Mass Communication. 2011-2013 session. University of Peshawar, Pakistan.
- English Communication Skills. Four Months. Georgia Tech Language Institute, Atlanta, the United States of America.
- Become a Journalist: Report the News! Four Months. Michigan States University, the United States.
Senior Sub-Editor, The News International (February 2008 – Present):
– Editing news and feature stories filed by reporters and correspondents of the newspaper.
– Writing about various issues including civic, human rights, health, etc.
– Overseeing the stories of junior sub-editors in the newsroom.
Visiting Faculty Member, Abdul Wali Khan University Mardan (2015-to date):
– Teaching the subjects like Reporting, Sub-Editing, Public Relations and Communication Research Methods by visiting the university twice a week.
– Training the students in news writing and editing through practical exercises and assignments.
Peshawar Correspondent/Editor, AWKUM VOICE (January 2015 – Present):
– Reporting news and feature stories to AV as a correspondent from my city Peshawar.
– Editing stories of journalists and journalism students and updating the website as its editor, with the aim of promoting quality journalism and training journalists in news writing and editing.
Senior Public Information Assistant, UNHCR (November 1 2016 – December 30 2016):
– Visited Voluntary Repatriation Centers for Afghan refugees during their repatriation process to Afghanistan.
– Wrote press releases for media coverage, speaking to media on behalf of the UN Refugees Agency.
Reporter, Daily Times (November 2006 – February 2008):
– Reported news and feature stories from Peshawar Bureau of the paper.
– Edited the stories filed by other journalist colleagues of the Bureau.
Translator, daily The Statesman (2004-2006):
– Translated news stories from Urdu language into English language.
– I have a good command of the English, Pashto, Urdu and Hindko languages.
– Reading, writing, editing, martial art, surfing the Internet.
– MS Office, Quark XPress, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
– Won Journalist of the Year Award-2016 from Agahi Foundation, Pakistan.
– Won Excellence in Journalism Award-2016 from the Center for Excellence in Journalism (CEJ), IBA, Karachi, for reporting the best health story across Pakistan.
– Got selected for American Council of Young Political Leaders (ACYPL). I was one of the four participants selected from all over Pakistan and we visited the United States to observe the presidential elections in December 2016.
ADDRESS AND CONTACT INFORMATION:
– Mohallah Taj Muhammad Khan, outside Kohati Gate, Peshawar City, Pakistan.
– Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. Cellphone No: +92 333 9173711.