Hi, my name is Muhammad Shahid. I am a journalist with 13 years of experience, and I am seeking new opportunities in the field. I believe in commitment and hard work to achieve goals.
I work for Arab News, an international and widely circulated newspaper. In addition, I can report and edit news and feature stories, and produce newspaper pages. Having a flair for writing and editing, I write about issues like health, civic, culture, security and travel/tourism spheres.
I won the Agahi Award for “Journalist of the Year 2016” for reporting the best print media story in health beat across Pakistan. I also won the Excellence Award in Journalism for 2016 from CEJ-IBA, Karachi, in the best correspondent category across Pakistan.
Also, I am an alumnus of the American Council of Young Political Leaders (ACYPL). I was one of the four participants selected from all over Pakistan and we visited the United States to observe the presidential elections in December 2016.
In sports, I am fond of martial art. And one thing more…writing and editing are not just my job, but I enjoy it like a hobby: “When love and skill work together, expect a masterpiece.”
M.Phil in Journalism and Mass Communication. 2011-2013 session. University of Peshawar, Pakistan.
- English Communication Skills. Four Months. Georgia Tech Language Institute, Atlanta, the United States of America.
- Become a Journalist: Report the News! Michigan States University, the United States.
Arab News (October 2017 – Present):
– Covering significant events and issues for the media organization from my province KP and adjacent tribal region of Pakistan.
The News International (February 2008 – Present):
– Writing about various issues like civic, human rights, health, etc; editing other news and feature stories.
– Peshawar Correspondent/Editor, AWKUM VOICE (January 2015 – Present):
– Reporting news and feature stories to AV as a correspondent from my city Peshawar.
– Editing stories of journalists and journalism students and updating the website as its editor, with the aim of promoting quality journalism and training journalists in news writing and editing.
Senior Public Information Assistant, UNHCR (November 1 2016 – December 30 2016):
– Visited Voluntary Repatriation Centers for Afghan refugees during their repatriation process to Afghanistan.
– Wrote press releases for media coverage, speaking to media on behalf of the UN Refugees Agency.
Reporter, Daily Times (November 2006 – February 2008):
– Reported news and feature stories from Peshawar Bureau of the paper.
– Edited the stories filed by other journalist colleagues of the Bureau.
Translator, daily The Statesman (2004-2006):
– Translated news stories from Urdu language into English language.
– I have a good command of the English, Pashto, Urdu and Hindko languages.
– Reading, writing, editing, martial art, surfing the Internet, and knowing what is taking place around me.
– MS Office, Quark XPress, Adobe Photoshop, etc.
ADDRESS AND CONTACT INFORMATION:
– Peshawar City, Pakistan.
– Email: email@example.com. Cellphone No: +92 333 9173711